Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Hands are Full

Both literally and figuratively. Literally, because I spent most of today running around with two glasses of sweet tea in my hands. That is because I JUST found the teacher's lounge and there is free, FREE I say, sweet tea. I was one happy teacher.

Figuratively too, because it's been a really rough week. Here's the story:

On Wednesday, Ian and I hit the road to go to his parent's house. Traffic was horrible, and it took us nearly 3 and a half hours to do our 1 3/4 hours trip. We had a wonderful dinner with his parents, then headed over to my parent's house to hang with my momma for a little, then back to his house for some much needed rest.

I woke up at 4:45 on Thanksgiving morning to take my momma to the airport (to see my daddy,) and I was feeling kind of off, but I figured it was the early morning thing. Came back home, crawled into bed and slept for several more hours. Only to feel even worse when I woke up. Thanksgiving morning was fun though, hanging with the in-laws and one of my new "brothers," cooking and just relaxing. Around noon I decided to lay down for a little because I SERIOUSLY wasn't feeling good, and as I snuggled into bed, I took notice of what kind of pillow I had been sleeping on all night. A feather pillow. And then it dawned on me. It was my allergies!

Well, by that night (during our watching of the movie "Australia,") my throat was closing up and my breathing very labored and raspy. Everything went to my lungs, which I am not sure it has ever done before. I spent the next 48 hours in medically drugged haze as I recovered, but I had lost my voice, energy, and all will to eat, and gained a raspy cough.

We headed home on Saturday night because I desperately wanted my own bed, and spent all of Sunday recuperating for Monday's work.

Monday was not fun because I had no voice and just wanted to sleep, but we (including my students) made it through, and these past two days have been me on the mend and school is finally falling into a pattern.

Well, expect more from me the next couple of weeks, because I still want to reach my 100 post goal, by the end of this year.

1 comment:

Marsha C said...

I hope you're feeling better now. It was really great seeing you and Ian. Love ya,